- How To's -- explanation for how
to do various things like compiling the library file or
compiling example programs, plus short programming tutorials.
- Improv Library -- a set of C++ classes for
use with Improv programs.
- Example programs -- descriptions
and source code for sample programs which use the Improv library.
- Example program source code is divided according to the
type of MIDI input/output configuration which is used:
- improv -- very simple MIDI I/O
or just useful programs for explaining/processing MIDI.
- synthImprov -- one MIDI
input and one MIDI output
intended for use with interactive programs using a MIDI
synthesizer, or a MIDI controller such as the Buchla Lightening.
- batonImprov -- one MIDI
output to a synthesizer as well as MIDI I/O to Max Mathew's Radio Drum.
- batonSynthImprov --
MIDI I/O to a synthesizer as well as MIDI I/O to Max Mathew's Radio Drum.
- Improv environments --
example programs such as the groups synthImprov and
batonImprov are written for a specific programming
environment with predefined functions including main()
which function as minature operating systems for the example
programs so that you do not have to write an entirely new interface
for each program.
- Improv environments list
- improv -- basic environment
dealing with MIDI I/O.
- synthImprov -- environment
for using MIDI I/O communication with a MIDI keyboard.
- batonImprov -- environment
for using Max Mathew's radio baton MIDI controller for
creating interactive music.
- Programming Tutorials -- well someday
anyway :-). See the How to's for now.
- Links to related sites.
- Bibliography of books related to